Global Transport Solutions Holding (GTS) is a fourth-party logistics (4PL) service provider with complementary third-party logistics (3PL) activities, specialized in marine spare parts as well as other complex and time-critical logistics. GTS is the holding company of Marinetrans Group and Best Global Logistics Group and headquartered in The Netherlands. As a group, our aim is to offer the best services possible to our customers. We will use digital solutions where possible, without losing our focus on customer intimacy.
Marinetrans is the world’s largest fourth-party logistics service provider (4PL) specialized in marine spare parts forwarding and logistics. The company is headquartered in Singapore and has additional offices in the Netherlands, Norway, Germany, Korea, Japan and Houston. Through a network of dedicated partners, among which Best Global Logistics, Marinetrans uses 22 warehouses and provides services in 2,000 ports worldwide.
Best Global Logistics (BGL) is an international and independent third-party logistics service provider (3PL) offering complex and time-critical logistics solutions on a global scale. The company currently operates warehouses in Norway, The Netherlands, Dubai and the US. BGL has strong presence in the maritime industry, while also serving a range of other industries.
Global Transport Solutions wants to improve how we deliver our products and services to our customers for the next decade. Our two brand names Marinetrans and Best Global Logistics are global leaders of handling ship spares logistics for the Maritime community. We want to strengthen our position and take a technical leadership in our industry.
We have started a development program to renew both our internal and customer facing applications (.NET/cloud). We will do this using a combination of a small internal teams and external developers. You will be a team lead for a team of 2 to 6 people located in our Polish office. You will participate in program strategy and development, and be an important contributor in our future transport solutions.
In this role you will:
- Be the head of future development team in the newly developed logistics platform
- Establish, develop and manage the team on a daily basis
- Specify IT tasks and follow up on delivery from specification to operation
- Operate in the interface – Business and IT
- Oversee all system design and changes in system architecture
- Keep abreast of new trends and best practices in the technology landscape
- Make sure that our offices around the world work in an integrated environment
- Work with integration with customers and suppliers’ applications
We believe your background and education can involve:
- Higher relevant education
- Some knowledge development and digital projects, preferably within logistics
- Experience in analysis of work processes and how to improve them
- Having a commercial and technical innovative mindset
- Good communication skills both verbally and written in Norwegian and English
To succeed in the role, we believe it is important that you:
- Initiate activities and secure progress both individually and as part of a team
- Can work independently, structured and goal oriented
- Can translate commercial concepts and descriptions into technical specifications
- Can see the overall picture as well as understanding the detailed tasks
- Respect different cultures and working methods
- Knowledge of Scrum (agile development) is an advantage
What we can offer:
- A challenging IT position in a global logistics company
- Career advancement possibilities
- Competitive renumeration and pension plans
- A modern working environment and a flexible work setup
- Challenging and technologically innovative projects
- We prioritize personal development and encourage our employees to participate in courses, workshops and meet-ups
You will be part of dedicated technology team and report to the Group CTO. Office location Lysaker – Oslo. Some work-related travel may occur. Official company language is English.
For more information contact advisor Lars Hagen at Nye Ansatte AS (mob. +47 90 999 000) or GTS CTO Tom Erling Hansen at (mob. +47 913 77 347). Interviews will be conducted in Norwegian and English. We prefer all applications and resumes in English.
All information will be treated confidentially and in accordance with current rules and regulations.