Nettside Palantir AS
Drift av IT systemer ombord på skip
Marlink is the pioneer of business-critical communication solutions for customers operating in remote environments. Through its ownership of Marlink, Telemar and Palantir, Apax Partners has created a Group dedicated to providing the maritime industry with an integrated offering of broadband communications, digital solutions, bridge electronics, and on-board and remote maintenance.
Combining the power of these three long-term expert organizations, the Marlink Group is recognized as one of the leading ICT and operational technology specialists serving customers in the Shipping, Offshore, Cruise & Ferry, Yachting and Fishing markets.
The group generated US $440 Million in revenues in 2018, with more than 1000 employees worldwide serving at least 1 in 3 vessels operating globally.
A global 24/7 helpdesk, specialized competence centers, local presence on all continents and a network of 1000 service points staffed by highly qualified, certified service engineers, supports global customers to operate smarter and safer.
Marlink’s managed IT services division (currently Palantir AS), is a growing center of competence dedicated to delivering innovative and secure digital solutions for Marlink customers. Marlink Group’s ITC powerhouse has already taken a leading position at the forefront of maritime digitalization and products in the Managed Services area.
We are looking for a Director of Global Sales for Palantir AS IT Managed Services:
Global Sales Director – IT Managed Services
Marlink Palantir’s IT Managed services aim to supply our maritime customers problem-free IT operations onboard, 24/7. The sales director has three senior sales resources that are situated in Europe and Asia, and work in cooperation with our global satcom resources. As the world’ s leading satcom and IT supplier for the maritime sector, you will be working with a globally renowned brand. We are looking for a candidate that feels at home on a global stage delivering IT services to key players in the maritime industry. The position reports to the Managing Director.
- Responsible for Palantir IT Managed Services global sales
- Proactively seek new sales opportunities
- Head the global sales processes for key customers
- Managing the sales force
- Report regularly on defined KPI’s
- Head the market surveillance efforts and competitor analysis
- Attend at and participate in international marketing and sales events
- Contribute to the internal end external resource teams for customer projects
Relevant qualifications and skills:
- Relevant education, Bachelor or Master level, technical or financial
- 5 years of experience in international IT technical sales
- The position requires excellent command of English and Norwegian, spoken and written
- Proven experience in creating and implementing sales strategies
- Excellent contract evaluation and negotiations skills
- Experienced in customer management in a diverse and international environment
- Proactive and result driven
- Structured and reliable
- Preferable to have some experience from IT services (SaaS)
- Competitive remuneration and pension plan
- A variety of career development possibilities
- External and internal training
- A fast-moving international operating environment
- Cutting edge maritime satcom and ICT solutions
The company and reporting language are English. The position is preferably located at our Norwegian HQ at Lysaker or could be located at our office in Bergen. Extensive global work-related travel is expected. Candidates will be subject to background check.
For additional information about this position, contact recruitment manager Lars Hagen in Nye Ansatte AS, +47 90 999 000, or Palantir Managing Director Tor Skeie at +47 91 30 47 64. All applicants and applications are treated confidentially, and according to current rules and regulations.