Nettside Airbus Space and Defence
As one of the three Divisions of the Airbus Group Airbus Defence and Space is Europe’s Number 1 defence and space company. It is the world’s second largest space company and one of the top 10 defence companies globally with revenues of around €14 billion per year. Airbus Defence and Space is composed of four business lines: Military Aircraft; Space Systems; Communication, Intelligence & Security (CIS); and Electronics. It brings together a wide portfolio to continue to meet the complex needs of its customers across the world, contribute to Europe’s defence and security, and secure Europe’s sovereign and independent access to space.
You have leadership experience and you are the one who can build up a strong engineering and support team for a business in growth. You bring competence in order to lead, strengthen and complement our team. The positions are responsible for coordination and cooperation with Sales group in Norway to support new business cases. The position is part of the management group.
As Director of Engineering and Support we expect you to be:
- Managing the Engineering and Support team ( 6 people +)
- Coordinating and providing support to Sales(BID), Projects and towards Airbus D&S Engineering group
- Overall responsible for technical deliveries in projects and running services
- Overall responsible for technical design in new proposals and projects.
- Preforming requirements analysis and functional decomposition of new projects
- Participating in developing technical specifications and technical proposals.
- Experienced in Satcom and Telecom systems, design and service operations
- Knowledgeable within Configuration and Quality Assurance Management
- Interacting with customers and suppliers
- Prepared to travel in relation to work activities, mainly Europe
- University master or similar degrees
- Several years of relevant experience with Satcom and telecommunication
- Experience in network design, planning and operations of Satcom systems, services and solutions
- Great business understanding including cost and revenue drivers within our business area
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Norwegian
- Comfortable at interacting and communicating at all levels in the organization
- Strong analytical skills ability to investigate and analyze complex areas as well and provide insight of the results to decision makers
- Ability to structure complex information, prioritize and focus on deliverables
- Ability to achieve results by networking and demonstrate a high level of collaboration, integrity and trustworthiness
- Position require the candidate to have or able to get National and NATO security Clearance
- Engaging and challenging tasks in a highly qualified environment
- Close cooperation and cross-functional collaboration with leaders and experts within the Airbus D&S Group and with its Partners and Vendors
- Contribution and participation in projects with high visibility
- Possibility to work internationally across all the Airbus D&S Business Units
- Competitive remuneration and pension plan
Director of Engineering and Support will report to the Head of Business Delivery GC Norway.
Airbus Defence and Space’s main offices in Norway is located at Lysaker just outside Oslo.
All inquiry regarding the position can be directed to Head of Business Delivery Jostein Olsen at +47 92862871 or advisor at Nye Ansatte AS Lars Hagen at +47 90 999 000. We will treat every request confidential.
Upload CV and apply here