Marlink is a global satellite communications leader, providing maritime customers with one source for an entire range of voice and data solutions backed by the industry’s most trusted service and support network. Marlink understand the challenges of business, crew and passengers when it comes to communications for shipping and energy companies. Through a global network of offices and service points, Marlink is today recognized by independent industry analysts to be the Global leader in terms of market share. Marlink is part of Airbus Defence and Space. Read more on www.marlink.com
We are looking for an innovative and business oriented:
Technical Product Manager
The position acts as liaison between our technical and marketing staff. You will supply the marketing department with technical as well as business oriented analysis of existing and new product-platforms and concepts. You will also be in charge of forwarding relevant market information to your technical oriented colleagues. The position reports to the Director of Capacity and Technical Product Management.
Responsibilities and tasks:
- Support the different Business Units with satellite capacity activities related to marketing activities, presentations and road maps
- Technical support of the Product Marketing team
- Technical competitor analysis and trends
- Satellite bandwidth and product cost modelling
- Finalization and QA of the new products and services
- White paper development
- Technical product design and descriptions
- Maintenance of hardware configurations inventory (Bill Of Material)
Skills and qualifications:
- Technical education (Bachelor or Master level) and/or experience in telecommunications
- Some experience in satellite and network technologies is preferable
- Fluent in English, spoken and written
- Extensive ability to present technical information to individuals without a technical / engineering background.
- Ability to plan, organize and execute tasks efficiently
- Interested in business development and technology management
- Structured and ability to handle multiple projects independently.
- Ability to understand technical challenges and make educated trade-offs with your team.
We can offer:
- International organization with a high professional standard
- World renowned brand
- Competitive remuneration and pension plans
- Some work related travel
The position will be situated in Marlink’s main office in Norway, located at Lysaker/Oslo. The company language is English.
All inquiry regarding the position can be directed our advisor at Nye Ansatte AS, Lars Hagen at +47 90 999 000. All requests will be treated confidential.