Website Marlink AS
Marlink is the pioneer of business-critical communication solutions for customers operating in remote environments. Through its ownership of both Marlink and Telemar, Apax Partners has created a Group dedicated to providing the maritime industry with an integrated offering of broadband communications, digital solutions, bridge electronics and on-board maintenance. The Group is led by Erik Ceuppens as CEO.
Combining the power of the two long-term expert organizations, Telemar and Marlink are the world’s leading maritime communications, digital solutions and servicing specialist for all customer segments at sea including: Shipping, Offshore, Cruise & Ferry, Yachting and Fishing. The newly combined group will generate US $440 Million in revenues with more than 800 employees worldwide serving at least 1 in 3 vessels operating globally.
The new Group will provide customers with unrivalled service and support through an enhanced global footprint and worldwide sales and service locations. A global 24/7 helpdesk, specialized competence centres, local presence on all continents and a network of 1000 service points staffed by highly qualified, certified service engineers, will support global customers to operate smarter and safer.
We are searching for a new member to our Procurement and Contract team:
Procurement and Contract Manager
We seek a Procurement and Contracts Manager who can strengthen our Procurement team to support Marlink enterprise and maritime markets with supplier management. This includes supplier contract management and negotiations, RFQ, purchase orders and project execution. Benchmark of products and sourcing. Contribution to process improvement or development projects, in a constant changing environment.
The position supports off the shelf, technology and development projects and purchases to get the best quality, price, support and facilitate the coordination with technical and legal lead. The position is part of our team of 4 dedicated members.
- Source, define, negotiate and implement agreements with manufacturers and suppliers
- Contract management in general
- Supplier management
- Lead on supplier RFQ/evaluation
- Plan and organize all procurement activities, according to budgets and targets
- Administrate and execute orders and follow up in ERP system
- Contribute to a correct and effective supply chain, ensuring successful deliveries within the Marlink Group
- Generate savings and cost reduction with existing or new suppliers
- Compliance to international laws and regulations
- Extract and manage procurement KPI’s
Relevant qualifications and skills:
- Relevant education, Bachelor or Master level
- Min. 5 years’ experience in procurement, preferably in an international environment
- The position requires excellent command of Norwegian and English, spoken and written
- Proven experience in creating and implementing procurement strategies/improvements.
- Excellent contract evaluation and negotiations skills
- Experienced in supplier management in a diverse and international environment
- Good knowledge of relevant procurement standards, rules and regulations and
- Operate well under high pressure
- Structured and reliable
- Beneficial to have some technical and/or legal competence from satcom
- Competitive remuneration and pension plan
- A variety of possible development possibilities
- External and internal training
- A fast-moving international operating environment
- Cutting edge satcom and communication solutions
The position reports to Head of Procurement. The company and reporting language is English. The position is located at our Norwegian HQ at Lysaker. Candidates may be subject to background checks. Some work-related travel may be expected.
For additional information about this position, contact recruitment manager Lars Hagen in Nye Ansatte AS, 0047 90 999 000 or Head of Procurement Ina-Christine Simonsen at firstname.lastname@example.org. All applicants and applications are treated confidentially.